the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Saturday, September 23, 2006

So It Begins












I finally broke down and joined Netflix.

It's not that I had any particular aversion to the program. It sounded like a wonderful arrangement. What I had a problem with was me...and my issues with delayed gratification.

"I'm not doing Netflix! When I get it in my head to watch a movie, I want to watch it right then, not 2 or 3 days later!" (As if being a member of Netflix somehow invalidated my Blockbuster membership).

But with moving to New York and not finding a video store on every corner, coupled with a Master's Comprehensive Examination Bibliography chock full of hundreds of films I am expected to watch outside of class, I thought it was time to cross over.

You'll have to excuse me now. I had three DVDs in my mailbox and two years worth of anti-social behavior ahead of me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grinth said...

Isn't netflix mandatory for any film student?

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home