the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Friday, September 22, 2006

A Hot and Pressing Issue














Those of you who know me well ought to find no small bit of irony here.

Perhaps I should preface this story by telling everyone that when I was in bootcamp, I was made the official ironer for division. On regular duty, I could make quite a pretty penny the night before inspections.

My wife and I have a very handy arrangement. She hates ironing and has no particular aversion to doing the laundry, while I hate the time and work that goes into it. So we delineate the duties--she does all the laundry and I do all the ironing.

I am, you see, anal retentive about ironing. I do it a lot. Daily. In fact, I rarely leave the house without freshly creased clothing.

It's a disease. I'm taking injections.

So I snap some images of the new apartment with my cellphone. To send home and give my wife some idea of what the place looks like. Since she'll be spending a fair bit of time there. You get the idea.

And what do I get for my thoughtfulness, but mockery and laughter. You see, I have no furniture. It won't be delivered for a few weeks yet. I'm sleeping on an air-matress my wife sent me from Colorado. That constitutes the entirety of my new apartment's decor.

Oh yeah, and the ironing board I borrowed from my cousin...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post, Brandon! ; )

DB :)

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no small bit of irony here.

Get it? Irony? Get it?!?

Awesome.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home