the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

You Can't Make This Stuff Up!












This technically isn't a post about film, but it does fall under "The New York Experience" and was simply too good not to share.

Yesterday, as I sat on my cousin's couch, scrolling through Craigslist in my daily and exhausting search for apartments, there came a knocking. My cousin Haim greeted a city official at the door.

"I'm here about the complaint."

"I didn't lodge a complaint."

"It's about the paint in the bathroom."

"We don't have paint in the bathroom. It's all tile."

"Mind if I check it out anyway?"

"Sure, go ahead. When was the complaint issued, anyway?"

"Uh, let's see here...looks like 1988. We're a little backed up. Well everything looks ok here. If you guys ever have any problems with anything, be sure to let us know. See ya."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home