the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Friday, May 18, 2007

FOXy Party












Earlier this week I had drinks with Lisa, a friend from high school who works freelance in Hollywood, though she used to be employed as a script supervisor for American Idol and Mad TV. She was in town for FOX's upfronts, the week in which all the studios reveal their new shows in a bid to draw advertisers. Tonight was the closing party and for it, FOX took over the famous Wollman skating rink in Central Park (now obviously not full of ice), erected massive tents and threw a lavish party for thousands of people. Lisa called earlier in the day to invite me to join her and of course I accepted, spending an evening mingling with producers, directors, plenty of "the little people" that truly make Hollywood run, and of course, "the talent."

Among the actors I bumped into was Fraiser's Kelsey Grammer, Everybody Loves Raymond's Patricia Heaton, 24 cast members James Morrison and Mary Lynn Rajskub, The Office's Rashida Jones, Good Will Hunting's Cole Hauser, and MAD TV's Michael McDonald.

I really have to find a way to get myself invited to these sorts of things more often!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Cole Hauser! He is Hottie McHotness. Im so jealous. Tell me you have a pic of him...

10:51 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Sorry, no. The paparazi were everywhere, being strongarmed by security, and I didn't want to look like such a loser. It's how I roll.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.slate.com/id/2166482

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home