the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Friday, May 04, 2007

"Read All About It!"






The Editor's Note says it all: "This review marks the debut of Brandon Fibbs, The Gazetteā€™s new film critic. Brandon grew up in the shadow of Pikes Peak but now lives in the shadow of the Empire State Building as a second-year cinema studies grad student at New York University. He attended the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, where he majored in English literature and minored in film studies. Brandon loves movies and is bummed that his first review is a pan. Oh, well..."

To read my Spider-Man 3 review at the newspaper's website, click here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new position! I was really looking forward to viewing Spidey 3...until I read your review...I love Spiderman 1 and 2 and would hate to be disappointed...

8:08 AM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

Glad to see my local paper has good taste in critics. :0)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

cool.

Thats a long shadow from 34th to the UWS!!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandon I am so excited about your new position at the Gazette. Your blogs are very entertaining. I see some of the films just on your writes up alone, and if you don't like them I sometimes won't waste my time or money.

Bob had a write up this week on the Gazette as well. They wrote about his new Invention, The Ballganizer. Does Stephanie have her soccer balls laying around your small NY apartment? Bob said he'd make you a custom one, (no charge). Just tell us your honest opinion on it. Since you are going to be such a great critic your in put would be great. What are the colors of her favorite team, or what are her favorite colors. You can see what they look like on the site, www.ballganizer.com.

Congrats again and good things arre coming your way!!!

Andrea

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! I enjoyed reading it and look forward to more.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

Does this mean you won't be posting the reviews on your blog anymore (due to copyright), or will you just be linking to them?

Hot Fuzz was good, but was no Shaun. There are many people that disagree with me on this.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

My blog is not considered competition so I will probably still post, though I may continue to provide links.

I plan on finally writing about Hot Fuzz this week. And I agree with you completely.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review! and congrats!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Grinth said...

It's great to see this Brandon. You most certainly deserve it and the Gazette can certainly use a good reviewer (speaking as someone who grew ever so tired of reading "reviews" that were nothing but plot summary with a obligatory 'it did or didn't work for me' paragraph tacked on at the end.)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home