the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Real Star Wreck!

This is a delayed (it was supposed to premiere this week) and supposedly highly anticipated internet film directed by Tim "Tuvok" Russ and staring a galaxy of main and guest Trek stars.

My brother said it best: "I'm going to pretend that I never saw that and that you never sent me it!"

4 Comments:

Blogger LadyBronco said...

If Gene Roddenberry were buried on Earth, he would be rolling in his grave.


I have to go bleach my eyes now.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Was this meant as an April Fools Day joke on Star Trek fans?!?!!? And why is it every time I see Alan Ruck all I think of is Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Who can take him seriously?
My Lord. Well thanks Brandon. Anytime I need a good giggle today all I have to do is watch THAT again. :)

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What. The Hell. Was that.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sheila West said...

Why are they using the set from the original series? Even the SFX are 1960's TOS stuff.

This can't be real!!

Although ..... I do recall I saw a fan effort last year. A very very serious fan effort to revive TOS. They built perfect duplicates of all the TOS interior sets on board the Enterprise. They even imitated the cinemtography and the lighting perfectly. They duplicated the TOS background music. And Walter Koenig guest starred in it (man is he OLD!!) They had all the original charcaters (Kirk, Sock, Uhura, etc) played by younegr current day actors. And yes, the women wore mini-skirts.

I thought duplicating the sets and the lightring was fine. But having different actors try to take over those iconic roles was a huge mistake. It came off as a college student farse.

But the sets were very very impressive. I'm wondering if these are the same sets.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home