the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Monday, April 16, 2007

Remaking Clash


















According to "The Hollywood Reporter," the 1981 cult classic Clash of the Titans in which Zeus' son, Perseus must save a princess, capture Pegasus and slay Medusa -- to say nothing of battling a Kraken, is being remade by Warner Bros., with Return of the Jedi, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark scribe, Lawrence Kasdan set to pen the script. No word yet on who is to direct.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sheila West said...

Whe I saw the second "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie, and I heard them all howling in terror over "The Kracken!!" all I could think of was "Clash of the Titans." I suspect I'm not the only one.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Haha, no you certainly were not! Have you seen/heard the "ask a Ninja" review of PotC:II? The Kraken features humorously.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BF,

Don't ask me why or how, but I was recently thinking that someone should remake "Clash."

That movie was a Saturday afternoon favorite when I was a kid. It could be an awesome FX-bonanza.

Who should play Perseus? My vote goes to Nathan Fillon from Firefly/Serenity.

JK

8:24 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Fillon, huh? I just get warm and cozy all over any time anyone mentions the superb Firefly .

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sheila West said...

Brandon Fibbs said:

"Haha, no you certainly were not! Have you seen/heard the 'ask a Ninja' review of PotC:II? The Kraken features humorously."

Alas, no. Can you tell us or give a link???

5:43 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Gladly!

http://www.askaninja.com/node/1175

Enjoy!

5:47 AM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

YES!!!!!!

I loved this movie - can't wait to see if it actually gets done, and who will be in it!

(Nathan Fillion would be perfect for Perseus)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home