the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've Seen Worse













You don't get to be called a film snob by liking movies like AVP. I avoided this one like the plague, not interested whatsoever in seeing it when it hit the theaters in 2004. But when it came on TV this afternoon while I was transcribing notes for a paper I was writing, I thought I'd keep it on in the background for comic relief. But you know what, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Not great, mind you. Not even good, precisely. Just not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyBronco said...

This was one of those movies you went to see just because you loved both franchises.

It was fun - isn't that why we go to the movies?

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not awful. That's precisely what I thought.
I like when predator dude fashions a shield out of an alien skull for that one chick.
Plus, there's that one moment when you think they're going to make out.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home