the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Friday, May 11, 2007

Star Crossed


















I've lived in New York City for nine months now and in all that time, I have yet to experience my first "celebrity sighting." That's what I get for living on the Upper West Side--good for brunch and parks but bad for rubbing elbows with the stars. My friends who live in lower Manhattan constantly come to me with their latest brushes with the rich and famous but, aside from scheduled interviews or Q&A sessions, I've had no such luck.

That is until last night when, walking down 14th St. on my way to a friend's apartment, I ran into Parker Posey...and her little dog too.

4 Comments:

Blogger lizmedia said...

OMG! That is so cool! I actually, haven't had any celeb sightings that I can remember recently. Did you take that picture of her : )

6:45 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Nada. Stole it from a premiere package.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parker Posey.....awesome.

I once walked past Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe in Times Square.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Brandon -- Nice work. I'm glad you hung around a bit (you were planning to leave earlier).

Heres something cool: Just a few days ago, in the Starbucks on 16th and 1st, our friend Emma was feeding our daughter (1 year old for your readers) some red colored cake or something. It was all over her sweet face. A woman walks past and smiles at the scence and makes some comment about our daughter clearly having joy in her food.

The woman: Sandra Bullock.

She's no Parker Posey. But its still alright!

So, you'll be movin' to the East Village with us all?

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home