the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Monday, May 07, 2007

I Knew People Would Ignore My Review!














According to "The Hollywood Reporter," Spider-Man 3 utterly shattered all existing opening weekend records, making a staggering $375 million dollars (accounting for both domestic and limited international revenue)!

Just like that, the most expensive movie ever made (Sony admits to $258 million, but industry insiders say it was was easily over the $300 mil mark) made back every penny and then some. And this is just in its opening weekend.

As a Sony intern, do you think I'll be getting a bonus!? My Spidey Sense says no.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grinth said...

=) The film will make its money regardless. Especially one that is the continuation of such a highly successful franchise as Spiderman that has retained not only its stars but its driving creative mind in the director.

The reaction is an entirely different matter. Everyone I know who has seen it agree with you whole-heartedly...and they suspected as much beforehand, but they just had to see it nonetheless...

12:17 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Yeah, me too.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home