the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Marty


















Just got out of a MIAP (Moving Image and Archive Preservation) meeting. I've volunteered to be a student representative to the faculty for the MA students in the Cinema Studies department.

All that preamble just to say that, in the discussions about upcoming events and fundraising activities, certain names are bantered about with the sort of familiarity that I'm beginning to enjoy.

"I'll talk to Marty and see if he'd be interested in helping out."

Marty, of course, being Martin Scorsese.

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

What is it about celebrities? I know that I shouldn't care for so many reasons, but Julia Stiles walked past us on the street we live on yesterday. She looked down at my 2 year old and smiled. And somehow I care enough to actually write about it here on your BLog.

Hmmm..

Mind you, it goes without saying that Marty is in a different league.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name banterer abouter.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you get my money back, for Gangs of New York? That'd be awesome, thanks.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Grinth said...

Well if you meet him please ask him how much of his films he modelled after Joseph Losey's work.
I'd be really curious to hear his response.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home