the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

HOLY $%#@!












“Makes film school almost irrelevant.” - Entertainment Weekly

You won't believe me when I tell you what my wife gave me for Christmas.

“There’s not a richer gift . . . for someone ready to experience the wonders of movies beyond Hollywood than this sumptuous set." - Richard Corliss, Time Magazine

I barely believe it myself.

“It’s hard to argue with the artistic significance and historical importance of the great majority of the movies in this volume...these are movies to be returned to again and again.” - Dave Kehr, The New York Times

Never in a million years would I have imagined I'd own this.

“I was speechless . . . it is beyond deluxe.” - Liz Smith

I am speechless and yet babbling with excitement.

“Quite simply the year’s best DVD boxed set.” - Peter Howell, The Toronto Star

What a woman!

“If you’re looking for an instant start for a DVD collection, or a gift that will keep on giving for thousands of hours, here it is.” - Joe Morgenstern, The Wall Street Journal

Perhaps I should just show you what I'm talking about...

“The perfect present.” - Joan Juliet Buck, Vogue

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, can I borrow this?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow! Congratulations, Brandon. Now, remember, you *do* have to go back to classes very soon...no staying home and watching them all...:-)

Happy New Year to you Both.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah...you've seen 'em all already. And written well on some too ;)
Much love to you and Steph,
Robert

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ridiculous.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.....I want a wife like yours!!!! Just kidding... she seems like the coolest person. Have good new year!!!!!

Dull

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold on to that woman. Tightly.
She is a gem. A true gem.

Craig

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To say I an jealous would be an understatement! Of course, I'm not sure how many years it would take me to view all of them. ;-)

Merry Christmas,

Calvin

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone has been a very good boy. My dad would love this collect too.

Happy New Year to the both of you.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Grinth said...

You know, I was very very content with the 27" widescreen, flatscreen, LCD HDTV that my dad gave me for christmas...and now....grrr...if you're willing to share you can send it up to Boston...I'll sned it back...honest =).

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOW!!! What an X-Mas Gift!
I'm so jealous ; )
Liz-

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, what would YOU do with something like THAT?

That's pretty freakin awesome, Brandon, enjoy! Good job, Steph!

And all I got was a trip to Sanibel, Fl. (Wish I could provide a link and some pictures.) We escaped the storms in Colorado and exchanged a 27 degree Christmas for a 72 degree Christmas. Ho Ho Ho!

We are spoiled aren't we?

Paul

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home