the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mad About Mad About You


















I'd forgotten how truly great this show was.

I used to love watching it in college but lost track of it when I moved overseas (and when, apparently, it began its final seasons decline). Now, thanks to Nick-at-Nite, I get to catch up with the Buchman's each and every day.

The gentle humor of Paul and Jamie's young marriage in New York City has always been terribly funny and endearing, and the show has 22 Emmy nominations and 10 statuettes to prove it. Paul Reiser is one of the best situational funnymen in the business and the show introduced us all the exceptional talent of Helen Hunt.

You know you have a good show on your hands when you can't watch an episode without thinking they read your mail.

Delightful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Paul Riesner was raised in Stuyvesant Town! :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

This I know!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home