the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trailer Park











I haven’t done this is a while, but there are a few new trailers out there of which I wanted to make people aware:

Actually the first one is a downer. I’m not at all impressed with The Invasion. Touted to be a reimagining of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers films, it looks instead to be a perfect, uninspired carbon copy. Let’s hope not as everyone involved is top-notch.

The teaser for I Am Legend is out. Maybe I am just excited about this one because half of it was filmed around the corner from where I go to school, but this trailer makes for a wonderful, spooky feel. It reminds me of Cillian Murphy walking through a decimated London in the superb 28 Days Later.

The sumptuous Cate Blanchett epic Elizabeth is getting a sequel and it looks absolutely magnificent. Check out The Golden Age here.

The trailer I am most excited about is for a film I have heard little to nothing about, the Roshomonesque political thriller Vantage Point. Starring Dennis Quaid (someone I always root for) and the great William Hurt, Vantage Point has one of the best trailers I’ve seen since the resplendent Little Children. If the film is as good as the marketing…

1 Comments:

Blogger Grinth said...

I'll have to check them out. In a moment of being the antithesis of being a film snob I have to admit that I find the trailer for 'Stardust' really captivating. Don't know if you've seen it or not, but the fact that Gervais is in it alone makes me pay a little more attention.

It could end up being nothing more than fluff, but still the trailer is interesting.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home