the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Saturday, March 10, 2007

AMCrap












Not that it didn't abandon any shred of its legitimacy a couple years ago, but what I saw tonight when I switched on American Movie Classics put the final nail in the coffin for me.

Catwoman. Yes, that's right, universally regarded as the worst movie of 2004, Catwoman is now on par with The Godfather and Citizen Kane according to the suits at AMC.

Say it with me: American. OK so far. Movie. Got it, sure. CLASSICS! Ohhhhhhh...

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

I just confirmed it. According to Rotten Tomatoes, Catwoman is their worst reviewed film of all time.

12:54 PM  
Blogger LadyBronco said...

*snicker*

They have been playing 'Lake Placid' a lot too.

Now, I love a good creature movie, don't get me wrong. However, 'Lake Placid' is so not a classic. It's good escapism, and that's all.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Grinth said...

You've keyed into a rant I've been on for awhile...AMC is a disgrace, and why is it more readily provided by cable companies than TCM, the true classic movies channel...and no commercial interruptions to boot...

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home