the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Spaced Out








The nominations are out.

No Battlestar Galactica aside from a few technical catergories. Someone over at the Emmys needs to pull their head out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Totally stiffed BSG, which is some of the most purely compelling storytelling I've ever seen done on TV.

What's with all the Grey's Anatomy nods? I've never watched it. Oh, another show set in a hospital. Maybe the various doctors and resident interns and nurses will be romantically involved and have conflicts. That would be great, but I'm betting they haven't thought of that yet.
Are the Emmy voters the same people I have on Facebook? Every girl I know between the ages of 18 and 35 likes that show. That and House, which just strikes me as an hour long version of Becker.

Only peripheral stuff for The Office too. Watching it find its own voice separate from the original to become something truly funny, and American, has been one of the pleasant surprises this season. I'm actually glad that Lost was shutout. It didn't deserve it.

And I'd bitch about Deadwood too, but part of me realizes that I'm more biased towards it because I just finished watching it. We all have our favorites. Poor Emmy's. They have to spread their love across a wider and more fragmented spectrum than ever before.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

So many cable shows I've never even seen. I am so...culturally irrelevant.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home