the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rotten Reviews


















They don't call it "the net" for nothing. It is beguiling to go trolling for your own name on the Internet and find the often dense and tangled intersections of couplings. I recently went looking for where my film reviews are linked and was amazed at the confluence.

My reviews have been linked at IMDb for about a year, but now, thanks to Christianity Today, I’m also appearing on Rotten Tomatoes (I just like seeing my name next to the likes of Owen Gleiberman of EW or Roger Ebert!). My stories have been cut and pasted into Turkish blogs, linked by other critics, and even housed at the websites of the very stars about which I've written.

7 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

You gotta get tougher BF.

:)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Too bad they don't have my "Transformers" review yet. That'll tip the scales!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really cool, Brandon. I was wondering when you would show up on the ol' RT. I like that you have your own page! (that is a nifty feature for any favorite critic, actually.)
Next stop: Cream of the Crop!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Grinth said...

That's great! But really..googling yourself to see where you show upand then posting about it? Do I smell a growing ego? ;)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I know, I know...I wrestled about saying anything at all.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Grinth said...

Sorry. Just giving you a hard time. Really, it's great to see everything working out so well for you.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Noticed that Transformers is now up. (See the link in my previous comment.)

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home