the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mr. Wilbersmith Goes to London
















Before my screening of Letters from Iwo Jima last night, I saw a trailer for Amazing Grace, the new film by Michael Apted about William Wilberforce and his defeat of the slave trade in England.

Staring the phenomenal British cast of Albert Finney, Michael Gambon, Ioan Gruffudd, CiarĂ¡n Hinds, Toby Jones, and Rufus Sewell, Amazing Grace looks magnificent. I love these independent period pieces. And what an extraordinary message.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, slavery is bad. What an extraordinary message!

No, I kid ya. It looks great! But slap a ship of sail in any movie and I'm gonna be there. That, and biplanes. And pirates. And maybe the ocassional zeppelin.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be sure to see this film,it sound very interesting, and Slavery was a very bad thing.
Also I have to say that I have seen more amazing Sundance films in the beginning of this year than ever, please let me recommend the following:

Little Miss Sunshine
Pan's Labyrinth
Quincinera
Jesus Camp

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm...Rufus Sewell is tasty. Just an observation.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

"Dark City"--one of my favorite films.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home