the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Thursday, October 26, 2006

You Might Be Getting a Cinema Studies Graduate Degree If...
















...you're sitting in the class lounge and you overhear a professor and a fellow student happily discussing the ways in which spectatorship, consumerism and reception issues come into play amidst the cinematic ontology of historical representation, cultural translation and philosophical identification in the latest Mac vs. PC ads.

Not that I disagree with them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hit the Mac dude in the face with a hammer.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some day that grad student will leave the enclave and discover that he/she must learn to communicate outside the sesquipedalian simulacra of academe. I prefer to hit the Mac dude with a hammer.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

after having been exiled from Macintosh World for over 10 years, I might finally be getting one again next year!!!!

Too much money; not enough variety, but DAMN I'm sick to death of nursing my PCs to the end of their clunky lives.

Robin

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home