the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Midterms Already!?













While it seems impossible to believe, this week is already midterms week!

And it strikes me that I haven't really been chatting all that much about my classes, or at least the two core classes that I admitted several weeks ago were starting with less than stellar reviews. I'm afraid not much has changed in that category.

Technically I don't have a midterm in my Screenplay class, though we are hard at work, having passed the conceptual stages and are now beginning the writing process. More on that tomorrow.

My Film Form & Film Sense and Film History & Historiography classes require papers. At only 6 or so pages apiece, it is a far less stringent assignment than I was expecting. Far be it from me to complain.

For FF&FS, I'll be writing a formal scene analysis of the concluding battle sequence in Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, and for FH&H, I'll be writing a essay on the myth of nationalistic cinema and how that spills over into propagandistic cinema both in fascist states and democracies.

So, if I am a bit quiet around here the next week or so, now you know why...

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I thought that Blogging always increased during exams.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Vampire said...

It's roughly midterm time here too, but, luckily, I only have 12 instead of the usual 16 credit hours thanks to my summer work.

I'm interested to see how your screenplay turns out. Mine needs a good working over. Best of luck.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Grinth said...

Hmmm, I'd be interested to see how you work that second topic into just 6 pages.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home