the film snob

A cyberspace journal about my experiences as an NYU film school grad student, reviews of current and classic films, film and TV news, and the rants and raves of an admitted (and unapologetic) film snob.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Esse Quam Videri -- To be, rather than to appear

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spying on Myself













While home in Colorado over the holiday weekend, I stopped by my favorite independent theater to catch another showing of the delightful Waitress. While walking out of the theater after the film was over, I found myself beside an elderly couple who clearly enjoyed the film and were busy discussing it.

I overheard the woman telling her companion that she wanted to see the film after reading the review in The Colorado Springs Gazette and mentioned several points in the review that she particularly liked.

It’s the first time I’ve ever heard my writing discussed in public before. I couldn’t help but continue walking beside them for a few moments, listening in, even though we were headed in opposite directions. After a while, a smile on my face, I peeled away and went my own way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, Mr. Fibbs. I don't think I could have resisted to temptation to interject myself into the conversation and introduce myself if I were you. Way to show some restraint, although you did stalk them for several meters.

You're the man,
Paul

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home